WIAW on the new blog!

by Eva @ Committed2Nutrition on August 15, 2012

**Edited 8/16/12** Can’t believe I left out the greek yogurt in my overnight oats!

Phew.. today has been a whirlwind. My new design finally went live! How do you all like it? I am slightly obsessed ;)

I am a tad late but I wanted to post a WIAW before tonight’s end – it was a goal I had all day.

Thank you to Jenn @ Peas and Crayons for hosting. Check out her awesome blog, too.

Since Tuesday’s are my Double Zumba days, my eats are always going to look pretty similar to here, so I will just post some highlights to keep in simple, fun, and un-boring, ha.

Morning Eats:

I always make a protein shake that I drink with me in the car ride to work. I guess this is breakfast #1, but I just count it as a “hold me over” until I get to work to eat my amazingly-filling-unbelievably-good-overnight oats. Pictured:

This shake was almond milk, water, ice, 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Vanilla, a huge spoonful of cocoa powder, nunaturals stevia & cinnamon.

Look at me going green! This week, and I can’t believe I am admitting I used disposable cups, I finally bought a re-usable cup. I love this thing! I even wash it when I get to work and add water so I make sure to drink more water instead of coffee all day long :)

Then I eat this beauty at my desk:

I am sure to some this doesn’t look so appetizing, but it is phenomenal in my world. All I did was the night before, I mixed 1/3 cup TJ’s oatbran with 1 TBSP chia seeds, about 1/3 of a cup of unsweetened almond milk, a full cup of plain greek yogurt, nunaturals stevia (OBSESSED with this, by the way), cinnamon, and 1 cup of blueberries. At work, I added in a big spoonful of TJ’s unsalted crunchy PB. Let it all sit together over night and in the am it is a thick and ridiculously filling breakfast. This takes me about an hour to eat at my desk. #loveovernightoats.

Lunch:

What do you all think I had? Did you guess a salad? YEP! This was my normal salad with blackened chicken and I added arugula + basil + red pepper flakes + nutritional yeast.

As always, it is good. I was getting sick of balsamic vinegar so I bought a red wine vinegar this time around. I am loving this one. It was a perfect change!

Snacks:

Ok, so maybe I did switch things up! Instead of 2 oatmeal snacks yesterday, I took advantage of my FREE Chobani greek yogurt case and had the following as my snack 1.

Cinnamon apple chobani mixed with some dry oats and Tj’s crunchy PB. This was very satisfying and a nice alternative. I really am not an advocate of added sugars, because I like to add my own “fix-ins” to PLAIN food items (hence why I eat plain greek yogurt at breakfast and plain oatbran/oatmeal) and I’ve also noticed a huge difference in how I look & feel with consuming less sugar. But hey, ya know what, these were free first of all, and they taste good second of all.

You can only guess what snack 2 was before I headed out to teach two full hours of Zumba: plain instant oatmeal mixed with PB.

YAY for pic recycling {lol}

I can’t get enough of my carbs, oatmeal, oatbran….

“Dinner”:

I get home around 9:30ish from Double Zoom. I make throw together a huge bowl of cereal. I have said this before and I will gladly say it again, for some reason I have found with my body, I need to have post Z sessions followed up with carbs.

Cereal has been hands down the best recovery meal for me to date. It is because I can easily consume more calories in this concoction than I can with protein + veggies alone. To get down this many calories of vegetables, I think my stomach would explode. And after two full hours of cardio, it is essential I keep my caloric intake on the higher side so my body does not fall into starvation mode.

Tuesday night was Kix + PB Puffins + almonds + unsweetened coconut + stevia & cinnamon + lots of unsweetened almond milk

This is not the picture from Tuesday, as I forgot to snap it. This was from my first WIAW  and this included corn flakes + puffs as the base cereal.

Who doesn’t love KIX? Obviously they are not organic or whatever, but I love them and they are low in sugar. #longhairdontcare.

So once again - a carb heavy Tuesday and I love every single second of it. I am loving 2 afternoon snacks with one of them being a flavored Chobani. I never thought I’d say that {because of the added sugar}, but it’s nice lately to switch it up.

Today I did not teach Zumba and what-da-ya-know, I ate almost the same exact thing today! Loved my Vanilla Chobani mixed with PB as snack #1 :)

Who am I kidding – I love my whole grains & carbs even on days I don’t teach Z. Guess my body just needs it. **remember, everyone is different and what works for me will not work for you.

I truly feel my best when I eat the way I do above and that’s why I don’t think I’ll stray far from the tree on this one.

Question of the night: Who loves NuNaturals Stevia? I AM OBSESSED! Can’t believe I didn’t find this sooner.

Have a good night!  A guest post coming soon for Friday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal August 15, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Love the new blog design! And you totally reminded me just now to go ahead and make myself some overnight oats for tomorrow’s lunch! *high five*

I LOVE stevia too! The flavors rock and I love that they provide no calories or junk for all the sweetness! xo

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 15, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Hey Girl! So glad you like it :) I am very pleased.

HA glad I reminded you!!! best-thing-ever!

what other flavors do you like/have? I want to buy them all now!! Do you order them offline?

Have a good night!!

Laura Lea @ BeanieBumbles August 15, 2012 at 11:44 pm

It looks aahhhhmazzinngg!!! So proud of you! Ummm carbs rock and you can never have too much of the good kind, if your body is craving them! xoox

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 16, 2012 at 6:36 am

Hi gorgeous! Thank you so much! 5 weeks in the making and finally here :) like you said on one of your blog posts – you won’t get an early bed time trying to move to self-hosting, ha.

Glad you agree re: carbs! Today is another zumba day (only 1 class though) but I’ll still be carb-heavy..can’t help it :) ps – responding to your email asap!

Debi August 16, 2012 at 6:52 am

I cooked last night!! See, you inspired me!! But partly because i was given a bunch of yummy veggies from a neighbors garden and had to do something creative with them. Wilted chard with white beans, garlic and a little bacon and garlic roasted eggplant, sooo yummy!!!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 16, 2012 at 7:27 am

Debi, that is awesome! That sounds so good and so healthy!!! You should take pics next time and send them to me, and I’ll post them on the blog :)

Debi August 16, 2012 at 10:55 am

I`m having leftovers for lunch!!! I`ll send you a pic for sure. I want to go over and knock on the neighbors door and ask for more :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 16, 2012 at 11:00 am

that is awesome – left overs are great :) nice n healthy! you coming to zumba tonight at 5:45?

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness August 16, 2012 at 7:39 am

So in love with the new blog design! Totally awesome! I love seeing your what I ate wednesday too! It is refreshing to see someone who is not afraid of carbs! I am jealous of your post Zumba cereal!!!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 16, 2012 at 7:42 am

Thanks so much, love!! AND THANK YOU for recommending ZBC. I really am so happy!! This has been worth it. GIRL you teach Zumba, too…and I was just about to say, EAT CEREAL, but I know you do paleo and you eat gluten-free… but maybe indulge in some GF cereal post Zumba?!!! hehe

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 16, 2012 at 10:12 am

cute new blog design!!! I have some nu naturals sitting in my cupboards, I have only tried the vanilla by adding it to my coffee, I have found it can be a tad too sweet for me if I add to much of it, I drop works well, I am apprehensive about the other stuff!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 16, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thanks Kaitlin!! I actually agree with you, I over estimated how many drops I would need, and my shake yesterday morning was SO sweet! I def want to get more flavors, too!

Sara @ sarasmiles August 16, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I do love the new blog design! Maybe as much as I love the idea of putting coconut in your cereal!!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 17, 2012 at 8:50 am

Hey Sara!! So glad you like it!! Coconut in my cereal concoctions is SO good.. you so have to try it. PS – I love the blackbean burgers.. I am seriously going to make a huge batch and freeze them. So much cheaper than buying packaged veggie burgers. I think the next time I do them, though, I am going to bake them so I don’t set off the smoke alarm, ha ha.

Sara August 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Hi Eva! I introduced myself to you in class tonight! Great blog, full of great tips! I’ve actually been hooked on overnight oats for a while! Love that you posted about them! You should check out http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/07/03/kozyshack-oatmeal-pudding/
There’s a recipe called voluminous oatmeal that literally triples in size overnight! I’m hooked!
I definitely want to hit up more of your classes, thanks for the info!!
-Sara

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition August 17, 2012 at 8:53 am

Hey Sara! It was SO NICE to meet you in class today. I love having you in my Z class :) I am glad you like my blog, too – I am kind of obsessed, ha!!

I love chocolate covered katie’s blog!! I add chia seeds to my overnight oats so they expand ridiculously in the fridge over night by the time I get to them in the AM to devour.. it’s awesome. Oatmeal is a great thing, isn’t it?

Definitely come to more classes! and like I said, I am adding a New Canaan class in the fall :)