What a week this has been. I have been SO busy with work, Zumba, and just this thing I called LIFE. I feel like I am being spread very thin right now to be honest and being pulled in a million directions. Your girl is getting T-I-R-E-D…see, I am not always in a good mood, ha.
So with that said, let’s start with the bad news shall we.
I had to make a really tough decision to give up a Zumba class. Ever since adding my Monday class with Walter Schalk, that meant I was teaching FIVE classes per week. It is just too much. Everyone knows I LOVE teaching at LA Fitness, because the class is just so humongous and the energy is out of this world, but unfortunately that was a class I had to say goodbye to. Tuesday’s have been notoriously my “Double Zumba” days where I teach 2 classes back to back, but since the LA class was at 8 pm, I decided that was getting a bit too late, now that I also teach on Monday’s, so that was the one to be let go. We are breaking up LA Fitness Tuesday’s at 8 pm. I am sorry. I think it hurts me more than it hurts you.
**The good news is that I STILL am teaching Monday’s and Tuesday’s at “walk-in” places where you do NOT need to be a member. $10 per class. Info can be found here.**
Now on to the great things I am loving lately! Yeah?!
I have come across some new-to-me-products and what better way to show them than C2N?
- My morning protein shake. This really isn’t new, but it’s been new that I have been using the NINJA! With the old and lame Magic Bullet, I could only use maybe 12oz of liquid. With this amazing Ninja, I fill it up to the 24oz mark with a mix of water and almond milk, and it really helps me get in that much water (as opposed to coffee) that early in the morning since I suck at drinking water as the day goes on. PLUS, adding cocoa powder is just amazing. I feel like I am drinking a sinful milk shake every morning, ha.
- To go along with the above, I recently discovered Banana Extract. Adding this to the above shake is just-so-good. Vanilla protein powder + cocoa + banana extract with lots of water, ice, & almond milk, and you get one heck of a great-tasting combination.
- I have been reading a lot about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. I have read it can help clear up your skin. For some reason lately, and it’s probably due to sweat when I teach Zumba, but my face is not as clear as it used to be. Totally annoys me. AND, you know it’s bad when your boyfriend goes: “Oh no Eva, you are breaking out even more” when I walked in the room the other morning. Thanks, Nick. I thought guys didn’t notice that stuff?
Anyway – been mixing the ingredients shown below and I actually really like the taste. The orange stevia makes the whole thing. If you don’t have it, GET IT. Thank you NuNaturals.
Even if this doesn’t clear up my face, it’s good I am drinking more water. I will keep ya’ll updated on any differences I notice.
Water, 2 teaspoons of ACV, a good dash of lemon juice, and 1/2 dropper full of orange stevia.
- Laughing Cow Cream Cheese – Cinnamon! I have been reading a lot about this but I have not been able to find it. This past weekend I ventured over to Shop Rite and there it was. I had to buy it. So far I mixed it in cereal, I know, weird, but I love how creamy it is. I can’t wait to have this on some toast.
- Individual Servings of Trader Joe’s Trail Mix. This has been key for me lately. As I discussed last week, I am on a mission to add more calories on a daily basis. Some great suggestions were to add trail mix. I have been adding these in addition to lunch, (yes still eating normal snacks) and it’s great so far. I don’t feel overly full but am loving how much more satisfied I feel.
- My favorite make up that I cannot get enough of: BareMinerals. Their foundation does a great job of hiding what feels like endless pimples on my face.
- Last but least, another picture of the awesome finds Nick and I bought in Rehoboth Beach this weekend in Delaware. Pictures of the sunrise and the moon at the beach and then a cute saying…
“Always kiss me good night; always kiss me good morning” <~~~~ LOVE THIS!
So that’s all, guys. It’s a blah day. But we are all entitled to them. Tomorrow WILL be better.
1) Do you have a favorite “flavored” extract? If so, what?
2) What is your favorite snack?
3) Have you ever had to increase calories? If so, how did you do it successfully?