Things I am Loving Lately, and some news

by Eva @ Committed2Nutrition on September 26, 2012

Hey there!

What a week this has been. I have been SO busy with work, Zumba, and just this thing I called LIFE. I feel like I am being spread very thin right now to be honest and being pulled in a million directions. Your girl is getting T-I-R-E-D…see, I am not always in a good mood, ha.

So with that said, let’s start with the bad news shall we.

I had to make a really tough decision to give up a Zumba class. Ever since adding my Monday class with Walter Schalk, that meant I was teaching FIVE classes per week. It is just too much. Everyone knows I LOVE teaching at LA Fitness, because the class is just so humongous and the energy is out of this world, but unfortunately that was a class I had to say goodbye to. Tuesday’s have been notoriously my “Double Zumba” days where I teach 2 classes back to back, but since the LA class was at 8 pm, I decided that was getting a bit too late, now that I also teach on Monday’s, so that was the one to be let go. We are breaking up LA Fitness Tuesday’s at 8 pm. I am sorry. I think it hurts me more than it hurts you.

**The good news is that I STILL am teaching Monday’s and Tuesday’s at “walk-in” places where you do NOT need to be a member. $10 per class. Info can be found here.**

Now on to the great things I am loving lately! Yeah?!

I have come across some new-to-me-products and what better way to show them than C2N?

• My morning protein shake. This really isn’t new, but it’s been new that I have been using the NINJA! With the old and lame Magic Bullet, I could only use maybe 12oz of liquid. With this amazing Ninja, I fill it up to the 24oz mark with a mix of water and almond milk, and it really helps me get in that much water (as opposed to coffee) that early in the morning since I suck at drinking water as the day goes on. PLUS, adding cocoa powder is just amazing. I feel like I am drinking a sinful milk shake every morning, ha.

• To go along with the above, I recently discovered Banana Extract. Adding this to the above shake is just-so-good. Vanilla protein powder + cocoa + banana extract with lots of water, ice, & almond milk, and you get one heck of a great-tasting combination.

• I have been reading a lot about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. I have read it can help clear up your skin. For some reason lately, and it’s probably due to sweat when I teach Zumba, but my face is not as clear as it used to be. Totally annoys me. AND, you know it’s bad when your boyfriend goes: “Oh no Eva, you are breaking out even more” when I walked in the room the other morning. Thanks, Nick. I thought guys didn’t notice that stuff?

Anyway – been mixing the ingredients shown below and I actually really like the taste. The orange stevia makes the whole thing. If you don’t have it, GET IT. Thank you NuNaturals.

Even if this doesn’t clear up my face, it’s good I am drinking more water. I will keep ya’ll updated on any differences I notice.

Water, 2 teaspoons of ACV, a good dash of lemon juice, and 1/2 dropper full of orange stevia.

• Laughing Cow Cream Cheese – Cinnamon! I have been reading a lot about this but I have not been able to find it. This past weekend I ventured over to Shop Rite and there it was. I had to buy it. So far I mixed it in cereal, I know, weird, but I love how creamy it is.  I can’t wait to have this on some toast.
Does anyone have this? What do you put it on? Recommendations? I also keep seeing people making muffins,etc. with this. Hmmm.

• Individual Servings of Trader Joe’s Trail Mix. This has been key for me lately. As I discussed last week, I am on a mission to add more calories on a daily basis. Some great suggestions were to add trail mix. I have been adding these in addition to lunch, (yes still eating normal snacks) and it’s great so far. I don’t feel overly full but am loving how much more satisfied I feel.

• My favorite make up that I cannot get enough of: BareMinerals. Their foundation does a great job of hiding what feels like endless pimples on my face.

• Last but least, another picture of the awesome finds Nick and I bought in Rehoboth Beach this weekend in Delaware. Pictures of the sunrise and the moon at the beach and then a cute saying…

“Always kiss me good night; always kiss me good morning” <~~~~ LOVE THIS!

So that’s all, guys. It’s a blah day. But we are all entitled to them. Tomorrow WILL be better.

Questions:

1) Do you have a favorite “flavored” extract? If so, what?

2) What is your favorite snack?

3) Have you ever had to increase calories? If so, how did you do it successfully?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Nicole September 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I have been looking everywhere for banana extract!!!! I thought it didn’t exist. This makes me so happy!!! I want to use it for french toast… Yipee!!! Anyway my favorite snack is grapes snd cheese so simple and addictive. Im also in love with almonds so I always have them.
Made a pumpkin mug cake and it didnt turn out as planned so now tvats my new focus!

Sorry u had to give up a zumba class but Im so glad its not my zumba class..does that sound bad haha its been that kind if day

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Banana extract rocks! I got this at Shop Rite! but I am pretty positive Stop n Shop sells it, too!

Have you had frozen grapes? loe those!

Pumpkin mug cakes are tricky… def takes a few tries!

and dont worry, thursday isn’t going anywhere..hehe. good class last night.. throwin’ back some oldie’s!!

Alex @ therunwithin September 26, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I have never had the laughing cow cream cheese but I love their regular cheeses.

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Alex you gotta try the cream cheese versions… very creamy!

Linz @ Itz Linz September 27, 2012 at 8:17 am

Yay for that ACV drink!! I love mixing it with lemon and orange flavors! And adding water to your smoothies is a great idea!!!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I actually think I got the orange and lemon flavors from you! thanks!! :)

yeah making the smoothie’s in the morning with at least 24 oz of liquid really helps… because seriously once I get to work, I just drink decaf black coffee all day long and maybe a club soda, ha.

Jessie September 27, 2012 at 9:57 am

I’m sorry you have to give up one of your zumba classes hunnie, but don’t forget that having a life and YOU time is always needed :) Love Banana extract, but also love Orange. makes for a yummy Creamsicle smoothie!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:14 pm

you are so right, jessie.. some ME time is definitely needed… and this just means when I DO teach, my class will be that much better because I will have more time to devote to it.

OHH I love the creamsicle idea! I love the orange stevia, too!

Rachel September 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

I had to increase my calories to get my period back (the beginning of the year) honestly, and this may sound weird, I did it by overdosing on carrots haha I would pretty much eat 2 bags a week lol

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:14 pm

You rock :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness September 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Love all the products! I keep hearing so many great things about ACV but can’t stand the taste! I’m going to have to give your mix a try! I struggle with my skin too! Must be all the sweating we do with Zumba! It’s so frustrating because I totally thought it would go away after the teenage years! I think you made a smart decision to cut back on Zumba! 5 classes a week is a lot and 8pm is really late to teach! Especially where you have to get up for work the next day!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm

ACV is definitely not a great taste.. you absolutely have to mask it with other things… orange stevia really does an EXCELLENT job of that.

UGH it has to be zumba skin. lol. I don’t think i’ll ever out grow “skin problems”.. ever since I was 13, dealing with random break outs. Thank GOD FOR MAKE UP! it covers them up pretty nicely.

and thanks for the encouragement – ultimately, it is the right decision despite being a hard one.. it’s not always good to do so much cardio!

Kat September 27, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Oh gosh banana extract AND cinnamon cream cheese?! LOVE! Im glad you made a decision about your teaching and scaled back a bit. You got to take care of yourself too you know? Even though I know what its like to just have that addiction and want to do something all the time, Im that way with soccer!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Thanks, Kat…definitely taking care of myself is a huge priority above anything else… and as you can relate with soccer. i’ts just so hard! but too much cardio is never a good thing.. stress on your body!

Debi coles September 27, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Sorry to hear you are giving up Tuesdays at LA but secretly happy its not Thursdays. Tues was always my conflict night anyway.
I have just found a book at work with some fab smoothie recipies in it so was sat here making my shopping list so that i can stock up on things. Will try that site you are always recommending to buy it all from. I will share a few if they pass my taste test :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm

LOL thursdays is not going anywhere! its nice and early :)

OH let me know which ones you like!!! iherb is great, and don’t forget my code to save $!!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 27, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I am obsessed with extracts. My recent fav is brown sugar, but i love my old stand by – almond. And all the Capella drops. Well, not ALL of them. their caramel is nasty. The cake batter ROCKS though.

One note on Bare Minerals – I used it for years and then someone told me that the minerals somehow could lead to breakouts. I switched and my face cleared. Dunno…

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 7:48 am

ohhh which brown sugar one do you use?! love them all! and what are capella drops?!

HMM that is SO interesting on bareminerals.. I have been using it for 8 years now. What did you switch to? Thanks, Laura!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 28, 2012 at 8:56 am

Marsden & Bathe is the brand. Their banana extract is delish too.

Capella drops are “flavor drops.” Some are good, some are too fake. I like cake batter, chocolate, and marshmallow. Heather (Kiss My Broccoli) love the apple pie, but I haven’t tried it yet. You can find them on nertrition.com.

I was the same way with Bare. Then I switched to Lancome – their foundation is awesome,

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I love extracts but now I am so intrigued by the capella drops. Just looked them up and may be ordering a few to test out. I need to have brown sugar extract…I can imagine it tastes pretty damn good! glad you also told me which Capella drops to stay away from.

Oh Lancome definitely has good products. I really wonder if the minerals is what is making me break out.. but the break outs are recent. However, I guess as we get older things change, so who knows!

Brenda @ Losing it Little By Little September 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Still very sad about the LA class on Tuesdays, but I’ll just have to get my act together to get to Step N Out more often! :)

I’m not a big extract fan unless they’re natural…they taste chemically (is that even a word??) to me. Maple extract is AWESOME – I got an organic one at Whole (Lotta Money) Foods and sometimes I throw it into a chocolate protein shake with lots of ice and some almond butter. Yum! I’ve been looking for that Laughing Cow cream cheese forever – glad to know that ShopRite has it! I’m gonna have to go get some… :)

I’ve been using Bare Minerals for 8 or 9 years now. My skin has never been better! I still get breakouts on my chin on occasion (okay…every month around that time!) but otherwise it’s awesome!

See you Saturday!! :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:16 pm

LOL “whole lotta money WF”…soooo true!! I need to try the maple one now. You are right – They are definitely made up of chemicals.. I noticed that, but it obviously didn’t stop me from getting it, ha.

Glad you like bare minerals, too! I have been using it for years but this summer my skin has gotten especially bad.. UGH!

YES come to step n out! what a great lil group we have going on there.. can’t wait for manana’s class :)

Laura Lea @ BeanieBumbles September 27, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Oh my gosh my skin has been wigging too! I think it’s the changing seasons and STRESS. I am definitely spread too thin but it’s just the fact of my life right now so I’m trying to breath deeply and take it one day at a time. And I’m so jealous you found the cinnamon Laughing Cow–I’ve been looking for it everywhere! Question, what all goes into your morning shake (like proportions)? I want to recreate it!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition September 28, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I think it’s definitely stress and just working out! ughhhhh. yes girlie you definitely have A LOT on your plate! taking things one day or even one MINUTE at a time is key to not get ahead of yourself and get too overwhelmed.

Cinnamon LC is at shop rite – do you have one in nyc? ha. trader joe’s carries so many LC’s but not the cream cheese ones.

OK so here is my smoothie: 24 oz liquid – combination of almond milk and water… then 4 ice cubes. scoop of sunwarrior or whey protein (vanilla), 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 frozen banana, dash of banana extract, vanilla stevia (about a full dropper full from nunaturals..really adds that extra sweetness so it doesnt taste too watery), and cinnamon. it gets so thick and makes so much, and really helps me get in more liquids other than the freakin decaf coffee I drink all day. but this is really just a little snack until I get to work and eat my REAL breakfast of overnight oats conconctions!

Alysia @ Slim Sanity September 28, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I’m not sure why I think a bagel with that cinnamon cream cheese and peanut butter sounds good…I think my love for peanut butter screams for me to put it on everything. haha!