Monday & on a pork kick

by Eva @ Committed2Nutrition on October 15, 2012

Hey Friends! Happy Monday.

It’s been really hard for me to post a lot lately, and it seems like Monday and either Wednesday’s or Thursday’s are when you will see my little updates. My goal is 2 posts per week.

In typical Monday fashion, I will basically show ya’ll my previous week in pictures, even though my life may be pretty boring aside from Zumba. Head on over to Katie @ Healthy Diva Eats to join in on MIMM!

I had an incredible Zumba class on Saturday – thank you so much, everyone. A few students joined me in the front of the class and it was so fun – the energy was out of this world! I really cannot wait for our Breast Cancer Zumba Class Fundraiser on 10/26/12. If you have not gotten your ticket, you can from me at class or at The Website for Anna, Alejandara, and Eva’s Zumba Breast Cancer Class. Tickets are purchased by clicking the paypal link. And PS local readers, I saw the venue for the class on Saturday – INCREDIBLE!

Let’s move on to my week in pics.

Have I told you all how much I LOVE steamed chicken and broccoli from Chinese restaurants?! This is my favorite thing to order when getting take-out. I can eat this all-the-time. I also love steamed pork dumplings. By Thursday of last week, I was beat and needed something quick and easy after teaching Zumba at LA Fitness, on top of working all day long.

Easy, healthy, and delicious. And you know what else? You can put whatever sauces on top that you want and make it taste however you want it to. Boomtown.

Surprised? nahhh. Sriracha and wasabi sauce. Might sound like a weird combo, but so good and spicy. Spicier the better, friends.

Oh what is this interesting looking wine glass? My home-made espresso martini. In it: Trippe espresso vodka by Three Olives, some hazlenut creamer, ice, and a little iced coffee. This was a perfect pre-dinner drink before Nick and I headed out Friday night. I can’t get enough espresso martini’s lately!

I can’t remember what night I made the pumpkin deliciousness above, but all this consisted of was a half a can of pumpkin (I love Libby’s brand), some peanut flour, some oat bran, and of course, liquid stevia to sweeten along with pumpkin pie spice. Reminds of a pumpkin pudding, sorta. YUM.

Ok so it’s no secret either that I love coffee. At work I made a home-made iced coffee by letting the hot coffee sit in a cup in the fridge for a few hours, poured it in my cup over ice, and then added some stevia, cinnamon, and WHOLE milk. This is a great way for me to drink more whole milk so I’ve been making this a lot.

Sneak peak of what we are wearing at the Zumba Breast Cancer class on 10/26! love-me-some-lululemon. Funky high socks? YES!

My dates Saturday Night. Love these ladies :)  I just had to throw that one in there.

Sunday afternoon I met up with another CT blogger – the gorgeous MARIA at PAPPA DON’T PREACH! We are literally neighbors so we met at the infamous 16 Handles for some fro-yo. She is absolutely adorable and was so nice to meet her. Maria – can’t wait to do it again and this time DINNER AND DRINKS! We promise to take more pics next time.

MMMMM I got the pumpkin spice frozen yogurt and the graham cracker, and topped it with blueberries, coconut, almonds, and more graham cracker. Obsessed.

As if more wine needed to be consumed last night on a Sunday, but it was necessary. That’s all.

Sunday Night Dinner – Honey Mustard Pork Loin

Dinner last night was so good. And so simple.

Picked up an extra lean honey mustard pork loin from Stop N Shop. Set oven to 350 degrees. Baked for about 55 minutes. That’s it.

The most delicious, tender, and moist pork I have ever eaten. Nick said to me it was “the best dinner you have ever made” – HA and it was just so simple. I guess the key was to not over cook it, and I’m happy I didn’t. I highly recommend this pork loin and will be making again.

To go along with it, I sautéed onions and some bean sprouts (random, I know) in garlic and chili sauce and steamed green beans. I just love those “steam-in-a-bag” veggies you throw in the microwave.

I’m already craving more pork as I am writing this (which is Sunday night after I just finished eating, to post for Monday morning).

oops, bite was already taken out of the pork by the time I remembered to take a pic.

Extra Sriracha and mustard on the side.

I love Sunday dinners because it gives me extra time to really prepare something that may take an hour to cook in the oven. I have come to the conclusion I am a better “oven cooker” than “stove top cooker”. I burn everything on the stove top and start smoking up the apartment. When I bake meat, it always comes out good. Go figure.

This certainly makes for a Marvelous In My Monday, friends. Great weekend with friends and Nick, awesome dinners, yummy drinks, and an awesome Zumba class Saturday morning.  I needed a good weekend after a very exhausting week last week. Work is great, just busy. Being busy IS a good thing. But so is rest. I need rest.

This week will be more rest since I have cut down a Zumba class, so no more Double Zumba Tuesday’s. Sad, but again, had to be done. But wait, I’m lying, because preparing for the Breast Cancer Class with my 2 beautiful other instructors is eating up Wednesday – but it is WORTH IT!

Ok rambling.

Questions:

Are you a better stove top cooker or oven cooker?

Lululemon – yay or nay? why?

What’s the best thing you ate this weekend?

Hope you all have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 32 comments… read them below or add one }

Liz @ iheartvegetables October 15, 2012 at 8:03 am

Oh my gosh, Eva, your martini sounds amazing!!! I could totally be your happy hour partner ;)

Your socks you got for zumba are SO cute!!! I love those!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 8:57 am

HAHA Liz! I’d love for you to be my happy hour partner!! We should plan :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 15, 2012 at 9:30 am

Love all the meals!!! and I love Lulu! I may be biased cause I work there part time though!! Everything just fits so well and lasts forever!!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 8:58 am

Oh I had no idea you worked there part time! which one?! I love the Boston one on Newberry. Everything really does fit so well..and I love the crops.. :) studio pants are awesome for zumba – do you wear those?!

Jessie October 15, 2012 at 9:41 am

Your frozen yogurt bowl sounds amazing! May be the greatest combination i’ve ever heard of :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 8:59 am

Thanks, jessie! Next time you are in the states you must locate a DIY fro yo place

Alex @ therunwithin October 15, 2012 at 10:43 am

ok i can’t wait to go home because my mom makes a killer pork loin. I haven’t had pork in ages! i love getting the steamed seafood and veggies at chinese restaurants. for being allergic to gluten it is a savior!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:13 am

I am so glad you are with me on the steamed chinese food.. I can imagine it’s HUGE since you are allergic to gluten. I mean at one point, I was ordering this 4x per week, ha. Mom’s always make the best pork, don’t they?!

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach October 15, 2012 at 10:52 am

Per our discussion yesterday – I’m all about baking. The only other thing I can really make is salad! HA! Guess I have a lot of things to learn in the kitchen!

I love Lulu! I especially love them when they have sale items available. Can’t be breaking the bank on their attire too often. However, it’s always great motivation when you can rock a new outfit at the gym!

Best thing i ate this weekend was definitely the fist pumpkin fro yo!! Thanks for being an awesome date!! A couple things:
1. We need to take more pictures.
2. A martini tour of Stamford? Obvi I’ll only be able to drink 1, so choose wisely.

Enjoy your work week! xo

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:23 am

HA so true, I love rocking a new gym outfit – makes you look forward to the gym that mcuh more!

Re: 1 and 2. TOTALLY AGREE. you crack me up: “choose wisely”. haha. don’t judge if I have more tha one ;) I say Hudson Grille!

Rachel October 15, 2012 at 11:31 am

I’ve been dying to try Sriracha! I just can’t find any lol (or I keep forgetting :p)

I’ve never bought any Lulu lemon products– love looking at their website, they’re just a little too pricey for me :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:23 am

HA, it’s in the Asian isle of the groery store :)

Once you start at LULU you won’t ever go back… I almost wish I never started!

Sloane October 15, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I swear CT bloggers have the most fun! I’m always reading ab y’alls meet ups and am SO jealous that I’m so far away! Lululemon is my favorite. You can say that its too expensive, that its the same as all other yoga gear, blah blah but it really is the best. The fit and material is beyond perfect, and the gear lasts FOREVER. I’m a huge fan of the wonder under leggings.

I’m jealous of all your sriracha! Its one of my favorite condiments in all the world, but my tummy just can’t handle it :( enjoy it for me!
Happy Monday!
xoxo

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach October 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm

HA! CT Bloggers are quite fab! You should come visit us! :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:25 am

Come visit!!! me and Maria would make sure you had a great time!

I agree with you on the lulu – it’s expensive, but lasts forever, for sure. I love the crops and studio pants.

Oh no, tummy problems with sriracha? bummer. I will eat extra for you then!

Hope you are having a great week!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots October 15, 2012 at 2:53 pm

we need to have a meet up soon!!!! You know my love for 16 handles!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:26 am

HEY! yes we do!! I love fairfield so I will totally come your way!

Chelsea @ahintofhealthy October 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I am obsessed with Lulemon–love it! Also, your socks are too cute :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

Hehe I love the socks, too.. all about looking crazy for my master class on the 26th. Lulu is great, great, great… I had to have serious self control to not max out my credit card this past weekend.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 16, 2012 at 12:26 am

Sriracha and wasabi, ftw!!! The spicier, the better indeed. :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

hehe I knew you’d love this one!! I bet you can’t wait to be done w/ your low sodium days ;)

lindsay October 16, 2012 at 12:20 pm

wine every night is okay by me, wait, it’s a must. LOL and so is LuLu!

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 17, 2012 at 3:57 pm

HA I love where your head is at Lindsay!

Austin October 16, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Yay, another pork recipe! This sounds great! Kind of like chinese food. You’re helping me overcome my fear of cooking pork. :-)

Your home made espresso martini looks amazing!

You and your friends are beautiful!

It’s so cool that you met up with another blogger and had a great time! That is so cool!

Zumba for breast cancer is such a great idea! Good for you on being involved!

I feel good about stove top or oven cooking. Sometimes I prefer the oven just because I can walk away, go do something else and just wait for the timer to go off.

I’ve never tried lululemon. I’d never heard of them before I started reading blogs. I usually work out in old soccer shorts and a random t-shirt. :-)

The best thing I ate this weekend was home made gluten free marinara pizza on Friday for dinner. It was an experiment that I definitely want to recreate.

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 17, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Hey Austin! I actually had a fear of making this pork loin, too, because it just looked all weird like a rolling pin in the package, ha. But it tastes so freakin’ good, you have to just try it! And thank you for the sweet compliments!! :)

I agree with what you are saying re: oven cooking. Like the “set it and forget it” mentality. Well not really forget because it is the oven, but you get what I am saying.

Please post about your pizza!!

Alysia @ Slim Sanity October 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm

that pumpkin pudding stuff sounds super good! I need to try something like that. I Like lululemon clothing, but my budget doesn’t. :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I know Alyssa, my budget really doesn’t allow for it much..but I had a gift card I hadn’t used from my birthday way back in APRIL, so finally decided to find something that FIT the budget of the Gift Card, no more, no less, ha!

Court Star @ StarSystemz October 17, 2012 at 2:38 am

I LOVE Lululemon! I used to AVOID it because I thought it was just overpriced workout gear until I understood the technology behind the fabrics. Now I am OBSESSED! I also love how they throw events and do promotions with small studios in the area, that makes the company special and makes me want to buy more :) I had a fro-yo trip the other day and got some dairy free strawberry lemonade with chocolate and strawberries and let me tell you I want more! More slow cooker recipes please I just bought one and need some clean eats :) Love and Shine courtStar

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Everything in there just fits so well, no matter what body type you are. It’s addicting. and I only ever went because my cousin got my a gift card; I had actually never stepped foot in the store prior ro that. Worst/best thing she could have done!

Ohhh your yogurt sounds awesome – although I have never had dairy free, but i’ll take your word that it’s good!

I’ll definitely be doing more slow cooker recipe’s – stay tuned lady!

Linz @ Itz Linz October 17, 2012 at 7:55 am

i’m definitely better in the oven, too! the only thing i do on the stove is eggs, oatmeal, and pancakes! And Lululemon? For real? YES PLEASE!! :) :)

Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 17, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I think we are twins, Linz – I pretty much do the same on the stove top as you do, and maybe a stir fry every now and then…everything else is crock pot or oven! i’m just not that good at cooking, oops.

Brenda @ Losing it Little By Little October 17, 2012 at 6:14 pm

You are such hot stuff…sriracha AND wasabi mustard?!?!? How do you not blow your own head off with that?? :)

Haven’t bought anything at Lululemon yet – gotta lose some more before I can shop there, but you KNOW that’s going to be one of the first places I go shopping!!

LOVE the socks. Can’t wait to see them! Still trying to figure out what I’m going to wear – gotta find some serious pink!