Today is the day! and Pumpkin Rolls!

by Eva @ Committed2Nutrition on October 26, 2012

Am I really getting around to writing two blog posts this week? I am up early this Friday morning so I am taking advantage of some time.

As you are all probably sick of hearing, today is my ZUMBA MASTER CLASS with my good friends & other Zumba Instructors, Anna and Alejandra.

We have been working super hard on this since end of August, and it’s all for a good cause as 100% of the proceeds are going to Breast Cancer Research. We have a lot of really cool sponsors – Robek’s, Star 99.9, Propel Fitness Water, and some other local places. Thank you, Everyone! I am sure I will over load you all with pictures next week as we have a professional photographer capturing the event. I am just so excited. And so excited that I was up way too early this morning.

But hey – HAPPY FRIDAY!

Before I dive into a yummy pumpkin roll recipe, here is a sneak peak of our outfits: {you can laugh, it’s okay}

I made up the name that we are the “Zumba Breast Cancer Elves” – haha, I seriously crack myself up. The second I put on those socks I felt like an elf, or someone going to CrossFit, and I don’t do CrossFit (maybe one day).

Ok so I made something delicious last weekend I have been dying to post:

PUMPKIN ROLLS

I followed this recipe almost exactly from Fox – except the major difference was I used to Truvia Baking Blend instead of the stevia, and I forgot to use powdered sugar for the frosting. So click that link to see it.

I’ll be honest, I SUCK at presentation and these look terrible when you compare them to the photo in the recipe link. But TASTE? SO-FREAKIN-GOOD!! So, please, do me a favor, ignore the amazing photo in the recipe, and pretend mine really look as good, because I swear they taste delicious!

Are we sick of pumpkin yet? NOT IN THIS HOUSE!

Mine really look so bad, haha, I almost can’t even believe I am posting pics. Whatever.

I think the second time around I’ll master the technique. Practice always helps, ya know?

Last but not least, I was on a cooking roll (ha) last Saturday morning and made finally a perfect protein pancake before I headed to Zumba:

It was so easy – about 1/2 cup egg whites, 1.5 scoops sun warrior vanilla protein, lots of cinnamon, pinch of xanathan gum, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and A LOT of stevia, because god knows I need some sweetness in these things.

I mixed all the ingredients together, and threw on a pan with coconut oil.

boomtown.

Perfect pre-Zumba class meal.

And see, practice makes perfect, because I have been doing “pancakes” for a few months now and they look terrible. FINALLY I get a good-looking one. I was proud (ha-ha).

Ok I am off to get ready for work and then count down the minutes to the ZUMBA BREAST CANCER MASTER CLASS!!!

Happy Friday, Everyone!!

Questions:
Are you sick of pumpkin yet?

Favorite pancake? How long did it take you to perfect?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Jessie October 26, 2012 at 7:47 am

Uhm I don’t think it’s possible to be too sick of pumpkin! That’s just me though :)

&& you look adorable in your outfit girl! Have fun xo

Linz @ Itz Linz October 26, 2012 at 7:48 am

I have not cooked nearly enough pumpkin to be sick of it yet!!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 26, 2012 at 8:20 am

Never sick of pumpkin!

Those outfits are rocking – I hope you have a blast! Can’t wait to hear how it goes :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 26, 2012 at 8:33 am

That protein pancake looks amazing! Totally not sick of pumpkin yet and now I’m so curious about those pumpkin rolls! Going to have to check out the recipe! Have a blast with the master class tonight!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 26, 2012 at 10:10 am

Def not sick of pumpkin yet!

Have FUN tonight!!! (and I agree zin 40> zin 41) :(

Nicole October 26, 2012 at 10:54 am

How can anyoen hate pumpkin this time of year?
I am goign to bake myself some pumpkin muffins.
The first time I cooked them a little tooooo long but they were still good.
I also thanx to you picked up the pumpkin spice at stop and Shop and put that in my morning oatmeal…addicted!

I suck at pancakes so much that my husband bans me from makign them :(
But he is awesome at it and never messes them up..I wish i had his skill!

Enjoy yourself tonight Zumab Elf!

Alex @ therunwithin October 26, 2012 at 11:40 am

Have a great time! I need to make pumpkin pancakes, it is about time

Rachel October 26, 2012 at 11:53 am

I was actually thinking of making pumpkin pancakes this weekend :D great minds think alike ;)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I’m now singing let me see your pumpkin roll to the tune of the “tootsie roll” song. LOL! I think yours look delish!

CourtStar @ Star Systemz October 28, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Me and pancakes are not working out :( I am so sad because I keep trying to make the perfect pancake and it just never works out! Tips please sister! Its amazing that you are doing something so nice for charity! You have such a big heart…inspiring! Love and Shine CourtStar

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Ummmm… NEVER enough pumpkin. I’m such a stereotype…